VMware vRealize Log Insight 4.5
Log Insight 4.5, available 2017-06-13.Download | Release Notes | Installation and Usage Videos | Support Center
New server features:
- Added API to query alert execution and notification history
- Added ability to specify basic authentication for webhooks
- New product configuration APIs added
- The source field is maintained when forwarding from vRealize Log Insight forwarder to a vRealize Log Insight server
- Hosts on the /admin/hosts page can now be exported
- Support for external load balancers has been deprecated
- VMware Identity Manager (vIDM) is recommended for vRealize Log Insight. Native AD support is now deprecated. See the following Knowledge Base article for migration information: Article 2148976
General User Interface Items:
- Dashboard legend mouse-over in one widget now highlights corresponding chart items across widgets
- Added ability to show a given time across all dashboard chart widgets simultaneously
- Separate options are available for descriptions and recommendations for user alerts
- User alert history for aggregation queries now includes count
New agent features:
- Added ability to send unaltered raw syslog to destination server
- Added ability for agent syslog parser to parse structured data (SD), PRI, PROCID, and MSGID syslog fields
- Added auto-update checkbox option on MSI user interface
- Added support for sending logs to multiple destinations
- Added directory wildcard support
- Added support for Photon OS
- Support for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS has been deprecated
And just like in previous releases, everyone with a vCenter Server license gets a free version of Log Insight. See the full list of what's new in Log Insight 4.5.
Join the VMware Log Insight Community!
Register now and vote on feature requests or propose new ones.
You'll also have access to our next Technical Preview release. Installed as a fresh deployment or on top of the latest release, this lets you preview experimental features and enhancements that may be available in a future generally-available release of Log Insight and give us feedback - what needs work, what features you’re still looking for, or what’s wonderful. Let us know!