I have looked at the vRops Agent setup instructions and they don't make sense to me...
Rather than copy/pasting it all in here, I have attatched a file with the setup instruction.
1. In the beginning of the file, the first two lines after "Configuring the vRealize Log Insight Agent". Goes on about the liagent.ini need to be modified.
1A. This is not true as the centralized configuration is used, correct ? That part seems to be misleading.
2. After "Liagent.ini Configuration Options", bullet 3. Talks about configuration on server and on client side.
2A. AFAIK Client side config will be overridden by the server side config, correct ? Shouldn't the config be excluded from the server side config and presented as a copy/paste option in the setup instructions ?
3. Bullet 4. State that in the vRops GUI, syslog should be configured.
3A. This is not true and misleading as per bullet 5.
4. Bullet 5. State bullet 4, shouldn't be done.
4A. Choose one - You can't bullet 4 and 5 in the instructions, its confusing and misleading.
5. Bullet 6.
5A. How ?
6. Line starting with "Note: "
6A. Shouldn't configuration be edited in the server side agent config. Liagent.ini will be overridden if configured locally, correct ?
7. After "Liagent.ini Sample Configuration"
7A. These field are defined in the vRops Agent config, and will be overridden by the server side config, correct ? So should this be removed from the server side config and added as a section which can be copy/pasted and modified to local liagent.ini config.
8A. Or maybe the content pack should have multiple agent configurations reflecting the four node options.
9A. Does it make sense to specify a Master/Replica node? These are not constants like a data node or a remote collector and as such can change over time.
10. The line starting with "The configuration available"
10A. Does it make sense to have multiple agent groups, shouldn't the tags be provided as a local liagent.ini configuration or as a server side "vRops tags" agent configuration which could be per node config.
11. Last line/link "* VMware vROps content pack for Log Insight"
11A. The states to help, but just links to what seems to be an outdated document on how to configure client side configuration of liagent.ini. Should this be removed or updated ? Confusing and misleading.